Mission of Eurasian Cultural Alliance
Established in 2011 non-for-profit organization Eurasian Cultural Alliance supports contemporary art scene of Kazakhstan by exhibiting local artists in the country and abroad as well as by bringing international artists to Kazakhstan. Such creative communication contributes to the integration of local identity to the global context, cross-cultural dialogue and the development of contemporary art market in the region. The organization works with young, mid-career and established artists with no restrictions to medium, thematic, ethnical, gender or any other background as well as political views of the artist.
The need for art and culture unites all humanity. Cultivation of an active and creative attitude, independent thinking and the ability to shape high self-esteem among the social actors through education and high cultural level will eventually lead to higher quality of human capital, and hence, greatly facilitate the tasks set before the country in the age of rapid technological change.
Changing the world and human changing are associated processes. Today, key role belongs to the culture and art where both provide not only quality entertainment, but more importantly change the person`s thinking process – make the mind more open with the possibility for the aesthetic development. That along makes contemporary art a functioning machine that acts as a cornerstone of the modern society that often does not fully realize the importance of culture and role of the artist. Eurasian Cultural Alliance relies on socioeconomic development of the region through culture and the creative economy.
ECA key activities:
* Participation in the development and popularization of the Contemporary Art of Kazakhstan.
* Enrichment of the cultural life of Kazakhstan and the Central Asian region, promotion of the values of national and international culture.
* Building up communication with global art community through cooperation with non-profit organizations, educational programs, galleries, museums, art residences and art professionals such as curators, art consultants and other artists.
* Increased development of sector-related innovative management by organizing training activities that will improve cultural workers’ training and skills.
* Promotion of government support and funding for non-profit organizations for encouraging investment for the socially-oriented cultural infrastructure.
* Development and implementation of fundraising and sponsorship programs.
* Establishment of the Eurasian Cultural Alliance Art Foundation for providing donor assistance to creative teams and implementation of major art and cultural projects.
* Improving tourist attractiveness of Astana, Almaty and other regional centers around Kazakhstan.
* Transformation of the urban environment through cultural zoning, public art, murals, collective actions and the communication with local communities.
* Creation of art facilities in frequently visited public spaces and on the territory of commercial properties, office building, gentrified areas and decentralized ones.
* Organization of cultural events, such as art festivals, exhibitions, fairs, scientific and creative discussions, creative laboratories, seminars, conferences, symposiums, workshops, art residences, concerts and other art-related activities.
* Art consultancy for the businesses, local art professionals, organizations and educational facilities.